School is almost out for summer and Irish parents have been urged to take extreme care when swimming with children
It’s National Water Safety Awareness Week and whether it’s a paddling pool in the garden or a local beach, accidents do happen but they can be prevented.
Hidden currents, changes in water depth and out-of-control inflatables can lead to serious incidents so it’s important to be vigilant
Here are some tips from the IWS website to help keep you and your loved ones safe this Summer
The details for Leitrim’s swim weeks are as follows:
– Drumshanbo Outdoor Swimming Pool, Drumshanbo: 02/07/18 – 07/07/18 & 16/07/18 – 21/07/18. Registration will take place in St. Patrick’s NS, Drumshanbo from 2 – 5 pm on Saturday, June 30 for both weeks.
– Cleighran Mor, Ballinagleara: 06/08/18 – 17/08/18. For information please contact Kathleen at 0871302309.
– Kealdra Lake Amenity, Cloone: 02/07/18 – 13/07/18. For information please contact Olive at 0860518777, or Dympna at 0861922544.
– Lough Melvin, Rossinver: 16/07/18 – 27/07/18. For information please contact Bernward at 0861012038.
– Gulladoo Lake, Carrigallen: 16/07/18 – 27/07/18. For information please contact Sheila at 0863268075.
For more visit http://www.iws.ie/